This is so good, I just had to share it!
You can serve this as you like, but I chose to have cheesy veg and no potatoes. If you are going to have potatoes, I recommend serving this dish with sweet potato mash! To make it easy, I’ve written the recipe to serve 2 – just double up if you’re serving for more.
- 1 whole broccoli
- Handful of green beans (chopped)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (if you know, you know..)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 of a 460g block of cheese – approx 115g grated (just add it to your own taste)
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 300ml skimmed milk
- Sprinkle of Italian herbs or dried basil
- Generous sprinkle of garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with tin foil
- Place cornflakes in bowl and crunch them up into crumbs using your hands
- Add the paprika, onion salt, garlic salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper then mix it together
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg until mixed
- Dip the chicken breast in the egg, then into the cornflake mixture. Make sure the whole breast is covered then lay it on the baking tray and do the same with the other one.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 mins until the coating is a deep golden colour.
- Boil the veg together for 15-20 mins, whilst the chicken is in the oven. (I’m not fussy about veg so I boil them together. Beans do cook quicker than broccoli so you can separate them if you like).
- About 5 minutes before everything has finished cooking, put the milk, mustard, sprinkle of garlic salt, butter, herbs and flour into a pan on a medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the grated cheese bit by bit and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Place the cooked chicken and veg on a plate to serve then drizzle over the sauce however you like.
- Sprinkle some pepper over the dish ready to serve.
This has got to be one of the best meals I’ve ever made. I looked briefly at a cornflake recipe to get the gist of the concept, but my seasoning is better than any other recipe you’ll see 👀
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe! I’m hoping to post many more of my creations so stay tuned!